Between 1982 and 2002, well over 200 Dornier 228s were built in Oberpfaffenhofen and were marketed worldwide. About 150 machines are still in service today, and many of these are serviced by RUAG.
As holders of the type certificate of the Dornier 228 and licences EASA 21G, EASA 21J, EASA 145 and FAR 145 we offer comprehensive servicing for the Dornier 228 fleet operating worldwide. The scope of our services is as follows:
- Technical support beyond the basic documentation, e.g. with Service Problem Report (SPR) and Repair Approval Sheet (RAS) for complex repairs
- Modifications - e.g. customer-specific mission equipment, engine and avionic upgrades
- The whole range of maintenance work (Line & Base) including engine inspections
- Complete and partial painting in our state-of-the-art paint shop
- Service contracts , Power-by-the-hour contracts
- Fleet management in line with CAMO
- Training for pilots and maintenance staff
- Spares support
24-Hour AOG Hotlines
As manufacturer of the Dornier 228 RUAG also offers comprehensive support services, ensuring that the aircraft can be operated safely, economically, and in accordance with the customer’s requirements at any time.
RUAG‘s international customer support services comprise technical support, supply of spare parts, documentation, field service and training. In addition, RUAG offers operators of special versions and small fleets of the Dornier 228 its Total Aircraft Care service, which provides full technical support and guaranteed availability for a fixed price per flight hour.